What are the main symptoms of heavy metal exposure?
The symptoms of chronic exposure to heavy metals vary depending on the element and the sensitivity of the individual.
The main symptoms are:
- Kidney failure
- Chronic fatigue
- Muscle weakness
- Chronic pain
- Mental disorders (irritability, depression, anger, emotional instability...)
- Delayed growth and development
- Digestive disorders (diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting...)
- Sleep disorders
- Skeletal disorders.
Most heavy metals are bioaccumulative and very slow to be eliminated from the body.
What are the main health risks of exposure to heavy metals?
The toxicity of heavy metals has been known since ancient times. The health effects of heavy metals have been extensively studied and are now very well documented.
- Lead, chromium, arsenic and chromium are carcinogenic according to the WHO.
- Heavy metals can be hepatotoxic (affect the functioning of the kidneys).
- Bone diseases: Osteoporosis and arthritis
- Neurotoxic effects favouring neurodegenerative diseases (Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease)
- Neurological disorders (migraines, effects on concentration, cognitive abilities and learning and comprehension skills)
- Psychological disorders (depression).
- Lead poisoning.
- Hypertension and cardiovascular disease.
- Muscle weakness.
- Growth retardation.
Two levels of analysis are proposed:
The ESSENTIAL level of analysis focuses on the most dangerous heavy metals, classified as high priority for public health by international health authorities, including WHO, US EPA, ANSES and HEALTH CANADA.
The INTEGRAL level analysis includes all the ESSENTIAL level heavy metals plus an extended list of common heavy metals of health concern.
What pollutants are tested for in the EXPOZOM Heavy Metals test?
The full list of mineral elements tested for is available here : Expozom Heavy Metals elements
- Zinc (beware of shampoo)
- Selenium (beware of shampoo)
Why use an EXPOZOM Heavy Metals test?
- To know your exposure to heavy metals.
- To identify the most toxic heavy metals in your environment.
- Understand the associated risks and be able to act to protect your health.
- Receive advice on how to limit your exposure.
What are the benefits of using an EXPOZOM Heavy Metals analysis kit?
- Easy to use: reliable and very simple sampling methods, requiring no technical skills.
- Highly accurate measurement results.
- Reliability of a certified French laboratory using state-of-the-art technology.
- Complete and anonymous analysis report.
- Prepaid return of the samples included in the kit from many countries.
What does the EXPOZOM Heavy Metals kit include?
- A device to collect the required amount of hair for analysis.
- The analysis of your samples in a certified French laboratory.
- The interpretation of your results by biomonitoring experts.
- A complete and anonymous analysis report.
- Precise instructions to guide you step by step in the performance of your sampling and a sampling sheet for the interpretation of the results.
- Prepaid return of your samples to the laboratory.
How to use your hair sampling kit?
The measurement of heavy metal exposure is carried out on the first few centimetres of a strand of hair.
- Use the device provided to take your hair sample.
- Carefully place the hair in the aluminium foil provided for the protection of your sample.
- Send your sample to the laboratory with the collection form, using the pre-paid envelope provided.
How many tests do I need?
Only one EXPOZOM Heavy Metals test kit is required to measure an individual's exposure.